The role of photovoltaic system
The solar controller is mainly used to protect the battery from overcharging and charging and discharging in the photovoltaic system. Overcharging will vaporize the electrolyte of the battery, which can easily cause damage to the battery life and premature scrapping. Solar controller is also called solar charge and discharge controller. In large and medium-sized photovoltaic systems, the solar controller tube maintains and protects the normal operation of the battery and the entire photovoltaic system. The solar controller can be made into an integrated street light controller with the inverter, or it can be used alone.
The solar controller should have the following functions:
(1) Protect the battery from overcharging and over-discharging, and prolong the service life of the battery.
(2) Prevent the polarity of the solar cell array and battery from being reversed.
(3) Prevent internal short circuits between the load and the controller and other equipment.
(4) Photovoltaic system working status display: battery charge status display and battery terminal voltage display.
(5) Load status display: charging voltage, charging current, charging capacity, etc.
(6) Auxiliary power supply working status display: solar radiation energy, temperature, wind speed, etc.
(7) Photovoltaic system information storage: system power generation, power loss, power loss records, fault records, etc.
(8) Optimal system energy management: optimal working point tracking (MPPT) temperature compensation of photovoltaic square array, preferential compensation, etc.
(9) Photovoltaic system fault alarm, system telemetering, remote control, remote signaling functions, etc.